Skill Level: Intermediate / Competitive
Practices: 1x per week on-water training for 18 weeks
Races: 2 races
The Barrie Northmen will begin weekly practices starting May 29, occurring every Wednesday until September 25. Practices are scheduled for 6:30 –7:30 pm.
- GWN Sport – Marilyn Bell Park, Toronto – Saturday July 13
- GWN Challenge – Marilyn Bell Park, Toronto – Saturday September 7 and Sunday September 8
The 2019 season fees are: $225 Team Fee + $25 DBB fee = $250.00. Fees are due May 15th.
How to Register:
- Complete our online Membership Application here (opens in new window)
- Add $25 DBB Membership Fee to your Shopping Cart here:
- Add $225 Northmen Team Fee to your Shopping Cart here:
- Proceed to checkout via the Shopping Cart on the right side of this page (below on a mobile device). Once your purchase has been made, a Dragon Boat Barrie representative will be in contact with you confirming your registration.
What does my team fee include?
- professional coaching ($50 – $100 per team per practice)
- boat rental ($110 per team per practice)
- use of paddle and life jacket for all practices and races (up to $350 to buy new per paddler)
- festival fees ($750 to $1,750 per team per festival)
What’s not included?
- team jersey (approximately $40, yours to keep)
- transportation and accommodations for out of town races, if necessary
- charitable fundraising requirements for various festivals (anywhere from $0 to $1,250 per team per festival)
GWN Challenge – September 10 – 11, 2016
Open Division 500m Qualifying – 3rd place – 2:19.230
Premier Open 200m Consolation Final – 2nd place – 0:51.98
Premier Open A Division 500m Consolation Final – 2nd place – 2:11.02, just 0.15 seconds behind 1st!