The following is an outline of Dragon Boat Barrie’s policies with regards to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. We are following the guidance of Dragon Boat Canada, the City of Barrie, the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, as well the Ontario and federal government. As the situation is still fluid, the items listed below are subject to change:
- Members are required to stay home if they are not feeling well, are required to self isolate due to travel restrictions, are a confirmed close Covid contact, or have tested positive for Covid within the last 5 days.
- Members are encouraged to bring their own paddles, life jackets, or other equipment required for training.
- All shared equipment is to be disinfected between team practices (with cleaning solutions provided by Dragon Boat Barrie), and hand sanitizer and masks will be made available to our members
- The wearing of masks is optional
- Respect social distancing, while off the water. Given the nature of dragon boating, this is obviously not possible during on-water activities
- It is recommended that members, in consultation with their health care provider, obtain any necessary vaccines for their own safety and the safety of other members, however they are not mandatory
These policies are effective Apr 1, 2022 until notified otherwise.