Membership with Dragon Boat Barrie is just $25/year. Membership provides you with access to all club-wide events and activities. Additional fees may apply, including individual team fees and seasonal training fees.
Individual team fees are posted on their respective team pages. Click here for more details.
The DBB Membership period runs from April 1st to March 31st.
DBB Members must also complete two (2) hours of volunteer service to the club. More details can be found below.
Membership fees are non-refundable.
How do I become a member?
- Complete our online Membership Application here (opens in new window)
- Add $25 DBB Membership Fee to your Shopping Cart , and proceed to check out.
- Once you have completed the above two steps, you are registered!
For alternative forms of payment, please e-mail us email@example.com
What does my DBB Membership fee provide me with?
- Ability to participate on DBB teams
- Discounted gym memberships with the City of Barrie rec centres
- Access to club activities
- Access to winter training facilities
- Discounts on paddles for club-wide orders
- Ability to vote on club matters at the Annual General Meeting
To get on our mailing list, please send us a message here.
As a Dragon Boat Barrie member, you are required to accumulate a total of two (2) hours of volunteer service to the club over the course of the membership period.
Members who have not completed their two hours of volunteer service will be asked to pay the club a fee of $25 which will go towards future Dragon Boat Barrie programs.
There are many different ways to accumulate volunteers hours. Here are just a few of them:
- Getting boats ready at practice. This includes removing, or putting back on the covers, as well as bailing out any water in the boat
- Taking on a position as Captain or Board member, or other committee role
- Organizing a team or club event, such as the season launch party or 5K Around the Bay
- Organizing and/or participating in a team or club fundraiser whether it be for the club, or for a charity of the club or team’s choice
- Organizing member training
- Manning a club booth at various events
- Involvement in recruiting new members
- Participation in the club’s Annual General Meeting (up to 1 hour)
- Paddling at a steering clinic
- Assisting with creation of club and team materials such as logos, banners, brochures, etc.
- Helping to set up and take down team shelter at various festivals
- Obtaining prizes for various events
To record your team hours, please e-mail your team captain. If you are a member not on a team, please inform us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will confirm with you.