As a Dragon Boat Barrie member, you are required to accumulate a total of two (2) hours of volunteer service to the club over the course of the membership period.
Members who have not completed their two hours of volunteer service will be asked to pay the club a fee of $25 which will go towards future Dragon Boat Barrie programs.
There are many different ways to accumulate volunteers hours. Here are just a few of them:
- Getting boats ready at practice. This includes removing, or putting back on the covers, as well as bailing out any water in the boat
- Taking on a position as Captain or Board member, or other committee role
- Organizing a team or club event, such as the season launch party or 5K Around the Bay
- Organizing and/or participating in a team or club fundraiser whether it be for the club, or for a charity of the club or team’s choice
- Organizing member training
- Manning a club booth at various events
- Involvement in recruiting new members
- Participation in the club’s Annual General Meeting (up to 1 hour)
- Paddling at a steering clinic
- Assisting with creation of club and team materials such as logos, banners, brochures, etc.
- Helping to set up and take down team shelter at various festivals
- Obtaining prizes for various events