Happy New Year from your Board and Team Captains! We hope you had a restful holiday season, and are getting pumped about plans for 2019!
Here are a few important dates to keep in mind over the coming months:
- Wednesday January 2, 6:30-7:30pm – Winter Dryland Training begins (10 week session, for $80 – details below)
- Wednesday January 9, 7:30-9:00pm – PaddleStrong Team Meeting. For more information, please email
- Saturday January 19, 9:00am – 4:00pm – DBC Certification Course – Introduction to Coaching
- Thursday January 24, 6:30 – 8:00pm – 2018 Annual General Meeting
- Saturday February 9 – Ottawa Ice Dragon Boat Festival
- Friday March 1 – club team registration officially opens for 2019
- Monday April 1 – 2019 Membership Application and $25 DBB fee due
- Sunday April 7 to Sunday April 14 – GWN Florida Training Camp
- Saturday May 4 , 9:00am – 4:00pm – DBC Certification Course – Introduction to Coaching
- Wednesday May 15 – most club team fees are due
More information on these items are listed below. Stay tuned for more information as teams get their season plans together!
Winter Dryland Training
Our dryland training is moving to a new location – DEL.FIT Strength & Wellness, located at 35 Cedar Pointe Drive in Barrie. Classes begin Wednesday January 2nd from 6:30 to 7:30pm, and will run for 10 weeks. Cost is just $80, and space is limited. Click here to register.
PaddleStrong Team Meeting
Our friends at Alkame Dragon Boat Services will be hosting two introduction to coaching sessions – one on January 19th, and the other on May 4th. Please visit their website for more details and to register.
Annual General Meeting
Our 2018 Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday January 24 from 6:30-8:00pm, at the Painswick Branch of the Barrie Public Library. For more information, please click here.
Ottawa Ice Dragon Boat Festival
The Ottawa Ice Dragon Boat Festival is taking place on Saturday February 9th. We still have space for two paddlers. For more information, please click here.
The Dragon Boat Barrie membership period runs April 1 to March 31. Every member MUST submit and an updated membership application and $25 fee before they can participate in any club activities after April 1st. More information is available here.
GWN Florida Training Camp
A number of our members will be attending the GWN Training Camp in Florida in April. For more information, please click here.