The PaddleAvengers Dragon Boat Team was created as a secondary team to PowerStrokes due to increased demand, and to give those people in the community a chance to improve their dragon boating skills while gaining experience through community dragon boat events. The ultimate goal of the team is to have fun both on and off the water!
Designed for recreational paddlers, we will paddle together for several weeks over the course of the summer, culminating in two different festivals.
Skill Level: Beginner / Recreational
Practices: 1x per week on-water training
Races: 2 throughout the summer
PaddleAvengers will begin weekly practices starting May 27, occurring every Monday. Practices are scheduled for 7:00 – 8:00 pm. Our last practice will be August 19 for a total of 13 practices (practices will still occur on holidays).
PaddleAvengers will be attending the following festivals for the 2019 season:
- Port Perry – Saturday June 15
- Barrie – Heritage Park, Barrie – Saturday August 24 (Note: team must fundraise a minimum $500 for a charity of their choice)
Sean Levison and Stephanie Smith
The 2019 season fees are: $200 Team Fee + $25 DBB fee = $225.00. Fees are due May 15th.
How to Register:
- Registration is currently closed.
What does my team fee include?
- professional coaching ($50 – $100 per team per practice)
- boat rental ($70 – $110 per team per practice)
- use of paddle and life jacket for all practices and races (up to $350 to buy new per paddler)
- festival fees ($750 to $1,750 per team per festival)
What’s not included?
- team jersey (approximately $40, yours to keep)
- transportation and accommodations for out of town races, if necessary
- charitable fundraising requirements for various festivals (anywhere from $0 to $1,250 per team per festival)
Port Perry – Saturday June 20, 2015
– 1st Place D Division
Barrie – Saturday August 22, 2015
– Heat 1: 1:40
– Heat 2: 1:40
– Heat 3: 1:37
– 3rd place Silver Consolation Division